A modern and cutting-edge cloud-based software platform implemented for Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS) in the operating phase as part of its Functional Safety Lifecycle. Safety Instrumented Functions (SIF) are functions allocated to the SIS which are triggered when the process conditions exceed the operation limits to allow the system to return to safe condition. The main objective is to reduce the likelihood or magnitude of an accident impact to personnel or public safety or to a facility itself, in terms of asset damage / loss of production and environmental consequence.
Safety Integrity Level (SIL) is defined as discrete level for specifying the safety integrity requirements of the SIF. Follow-up of SIS during operation is crucial to ensure that the safety integrity and its performance are maintained throughout its operational lifetime.
The α-phe SIL Module consists of three modules (SIL Classification Module, SIL Verification Module and Safety Requirement Specification (SRS) Module) which are in compliance with the requirements stipulated in IEC-61508 and IEC-61511. α-phe SIL Module can be deployed to monitor the performance of the operating SIS and keep track of the proof test status based on live operational data to verify that the target SIL is fulfilled.
SIL Module streamlines the performance monitoring of SIS throughout its operational lifetime by providing the following key benefits:
- Seamless data linking from other modules and enabled user data import for faster assessments without repeated data entry.
- Configured to customer requirements.
- Ability to monitor the reliability of the SIFs by updating the failure rates based on live operation data throughout its lifecycle and provide recommended remedial actions to ensure that the target SIL is achieved.
- Flexibility in choosing desired failure rate database (i.e. SERH, OREDA, user defined input).
- SIL Classification module allows assessment of SIFs via three methodologies (i.e. Risk Matrix, LOPA and Risk Graph).
- Verification of SIFs takes into account three requirements stipulated in IEC-61508 and IEC-61511 (Probabilistic, Architectural Constraint, Systematic Capability)
- SRS provides an efficient and seamless documentation of unique SIF requirements which conveys key information between phases of lifecycle.
Request For Free Demo
Schedule a 30 minute to 1hr call
In the 30-minute to 1hr call we will demonstrate the software and explain the concept around α-phe SIL software, we will clarify all the queries you may have. The demo will be scheduled over Microsoft Teams. The link to connect will be provided after reviewing the submission of the request for free demo form below.